Saturday, June 30, 2012

Let's Try This Again...


James 4:13-14
New King James Version (NKJV)

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will[a] go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

I have truly come to realize that we wake up "thinking" that we know how our day will go. We may have big plans or none at all but in the back of our minds, we think we have a good idea of how our day will go. Today I will be having another nurse come out to show me how to auto-inject an MS drug I will start taking today. I have self-injected before, for the first two years after I was initially diagnosed. I got up early this morning in anticipation of the nurse arriving at 10:00 am like she said yesterday. She was to call me this morning at 9:00 am to remind me to take some Advil & Benedryl prior to her arriving. At 9:15 am, I took the pills without the reminder, because she didn't call. I am still giving her the benefit of the doubt and believe she will be here at 10:00 am. It always amazes me how there are so few people who run on time. Being late seems to be the norm for a lot of people. Already my day isn't going as I "expected". You would think by now I would expect to not expect anything. :)

I'm so glad that I can count on God....

Psalm 118:8
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in man.

No comments: