Monday, June 11, 2012

Truly Counting it ALL Joy!!!

Yesterday was the perfect example of a "blah" day for me. My day began as usual with my time with the Lord. When I went to blog, I literally went completely blank. I sensed a knocking on my heart to just be still. I decided it was going to be a day of rest for me. I watched Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale's 8:00 am service "live" on- line as Kenny was there serving. Pastor Doug Sauder was amazing as usual. The message seemed to be directly aimed at my heart. A message from God Himself about the Holy Spirit. Just what I needed to hear.I felt a surge of joy after ingesting the spiritual food that I was starving for. It satisfied me. Hours later, after spending most of my day on the couch due to complete exhaustion, I still desired to fellowship with my friends at our MS bible study. No matter how sick or tired I may be, I almost always make it to this particular bible study. It comforts me beyond measure. We have a lot in common and it's not just our MS. It's the God of all comfort that we have in common. That is what sets us apart. Upon reading in James 1:2-4 this morning I couldn't get past these verses, which reads,2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. Multiple Sclerosis is a very long road. It is what I call a "life sentence", not a "death sentence". Therefore, it takes a lifetime of endurance and perseverance. Over time, the Lord is doing His work in me and I am slowly learning why we are to "count it all joy". In all truth, that verse seemed ridiculous to me many years ago when I was a new believer and had given my life to Jesus. As the years go by, and trials big and small come into my world, this verse has continuously jumped out at me. Sometimes scripture just clicks! Yesterday, a precious couple that I hold extremely dear to me, surprised us all by driving another friend that we hadn't seen in many years to the bible study. When I heard her voice my heart leapt for pure JOY!! When I saw her face, we hugged for what seemed like an hour!! Squeezing each other in pure love for one another!! These precious friends are ALL gems to me. These people would not be in my life if it were not for this dreadful disease. We are ALL, as believers, more than conquerors through Christ Who gives us strength ( Romans 8:37). Our joy doesn't come from the trials themselves but our victory through them with Christ!!! My "blah" day ended in pure joy. One of our friends from this special group of brave soldiers was actually baptized in the neighborhood pool by two "Wonderful Elders" who lead our group. We are a blessed group indeed! I won't mention names but you all know who you are and I love you ALL in such a deep and special way. Our reward will be Jesus Himself and I know this group of friends will be most appreciative of our new glorified bodies in heaven. Until then, we will fight the good fight of faith ( 1 Timothy 6:12) with the power bestowed upon us from God Himself.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you Michele. I loved reading your post. It was so inspiring. Love you, Kim

Virginia Santoro said...

XOXOXO