Sunday, July 1, 2012

This is the day the Lord has made!!

Although I'm feeling a bit yucky today, I am rejoicing that I was able to hear the Word of God and get fed spiritually via the internet today! The service was great and I'm so grateful to be part of a church (Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale) that has taught God's Word so faithfully for so many years.

The nurse did make it out yesterday. She was about 20 minutes late and of course I extended a lot of grace to a woman with a sharp needle! :)
She was actually a very educated nurse in the area of neurology, and specifically Multiple Sclerosis. Her Mother and Aunt both have MS. She was caring, helpful and just an all around pleasant woman. The initial dose of this drug is significantly lower than the actual dose I will eventually be taking, God willing. It is a shot given subcutaneously 3X per week. I took Advil around the clock yesterday and can't say that I felt well by any means but I feel a lot worse today. Just an overall malaise, headache, along with a bit of an exaggeration of my normal MS symptoms (dizzy). I normally haven't felt led to write or blog on Sunday but the more I ponder the people who may be reading this, my heart wants to reach out and hug others who are not feeling well today too. The word that keeps popping up in my mind lately is "shut-in". What constitutes a shut-in? I guess anyone who is stuck in the confines of their home or maybe a hospital room, due to a multitude of reasons. It could be due to illness, depression, anxiety, the weather, or it could be that you live in a part of the world where it is difficult or maybe even impossible for you to go and worship the Lord in public. Whatever is keeping you home today, like me, remember He meets us exactly where we are at. He is with us, He will never leave or forsake us. He encourages us to not be fearful but to be of great courage because He is on our side. If His Holy Spirit resides in You, you have been sealed. It is a done deal. You don't have to work or earn your keep as His child. Now out of a love for Him, you may choose to serve Him, but there are no rules and regulations as to how. He just wants to be in a relationship with You. So no matter where you are today, simply lift your eyes to Him. He will never fail you. You may not feel well today or even tomorrow, but you have a great future if you placed your life in His hands. At His right hand are pleasures forevermore!!!

Deuteronomy 31:6
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Hebrews 13:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”[a]

Romans 8:31
New King James Version (NKJV)
31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Psalm 16:11
New King James Version (NKJV)
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presences is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments: