Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wonderful Husband


I have to tell you about this man I am married to. He has not had an easy road. It has been a difficult one, especially over the past year. We have Apple TV, and when we are finished watching a program, our family pictures are displayed like a slide show on our television. One by one, as the pictures go across the screen, we are reminded of our beautiful life together. Our three beautiful children, our pets, our home, vacations and other memorable times we have shared as a family. These pictures are also a sad reminder of the drastic contrast in my health. This past years has been a rough one. It is actually like a blur. Being in the midst of MS relapses basically running into each other and not having clear distinct recoveries. The disability starts to add up with MS. You lose a little more as time marches forward. The one thing that I haven't lost is a loving, caring and wonderful husband. Many people in the same type of physical condition as I am in are not as fortunate. Many sick people are left in the dust to live life alone or may still be with a spouse that is unable to show love. I can never take this for granted. My husband puts God first and I come next. Since we both do that, the Lord is the third Person in our marriage. The bible says in Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NLT) 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

Without the Lord, who knows what would have become of our marriage. When our common goal in life is to eventually hear those words from our Lord, "well done good and faithful servant"( Matthew 25:23), it gives us a common goal. It isn't easy living with a spouse who is chronically ill. He is quite often put in the position of caretaker while still working and maintaining our home. There have been many months this past year where I have been unable to care for myself, let alone the chores that need to be done. I am blessed with a selfless husband who knows where his rewards are being stored. He is asleep right now as I type. I take peeks every once in a while and look at this wonderful husband that the Lord has blessed me with. I am eternally grateful for this gift of God that I have been blessed with. Yesterday was another rough day for me but when push came to shove, when I rolled over on my good side to close my eyes and go to sleep, my husband's arm wrapped around me and there has never been more of a comfort for me here on earth than the affirmation of his love for me. May I NEVER take him for granted and may the Lord bless him greatly for his obedience to Him. Thank You Jesus for my "wonderful husband".

1 comment:

Virginia Santoro said...

I give thanks for the love you have for each other - a direct reflection of the love you both know through our Jesus... XO