Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Facebook In-box Blesses Me Again!


When my kids were younger, I would say while they were in middle school, technology was my "enemy". It was the time in our family when decisions needed to be made about cellphones. I didn't want to go there at all. Are you serious? You think you need a cell phone in middle school? I said no for what felt like an eternity to them but I actually found myself liking the idea that I could call my kids while they were coming home from school or anytime they were out of my sight. Back then, I caved and got some "free" Nokia cellphones for them. Our lives changed drastically. Prior to our unlimited texting plan, I remember Kenny pointing out the tens of thousands of texts that my kids were sending and receiving from their friends on our cellphone bill. We had many battles back then regarding cellphone usage, texting in school, not answering calls from me, the true owner and bill payer of all the phones and many more issues. Over time, this technology actually made my life easier.

Fast forward to today. Kenny and I are enjoying technology. Kenny, maybe a little bit too much. He actually has become quite the "techy". I am the "damsel in distress" in need of his techy services most of the time. If something can go wrong with my phone or I Pad, it does. My phone misbehaves regularly (most likely, it's the user). Bottom line is that since I've been home this past year, technology has kept me from being a "shut in". The first 3-4 months out of work I was too sick from chronic vertigo to do anything but vomit. I couldn't stand without falling down. It was horrible. Once I was able to stop throwing up and my nausea eased enough for me to focus, although I still had double vision and blurry vision, I still got back on Facebook. I was able to "stay connected" with my friends. I was also able to view church services "live" on line. All of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale's services can be viewed live on-line. What a blessing that has been. Technology was now my friend.

This morning, I was blessed by another message in my in-box from a new Facebook friend in India. I see God using social media like Facebook to increase His Kingdom and for ministry. I am blown away by how God can use anything and everything to accomplish His will. During my latest relapse, this precious sister from India had been praying for me along with all the people from her wonderful ministry across the globe. These precious prayers were heard by God, and He moved in a way that was according to His will. We are knit together by His Holy Spirit. What a family it is! What a blessing to be part of His plan. Thank You Jesus for using ALL things, including technology to bring You glory. There is a lot of kingdom business going on through the use of the internet. The Word of God is spreading faster because of it and this I would think would mean that His return could be a lot sooner than we realize. No one knows when that will be, but we need to be ready. He promised that He was coming again. Have you considered His return?


Mark 13:32
English Standard Version (ESV)
32 “But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.


Mark 13:10
English Standard Version (ESV)
10 And the gospel must first be proclaimed to all nations.


Matthew 24:44
English Standard Version (ESV)
44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.


Matthew 24:14
English Standard Version (ESV)
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

No comments: