Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It Takes More Faith to Persevere through Suffering


I have to say that I have been going through A LOT of physical ailments lately. My most recent health issue is one too private to announce. It would be "TMI" (too much information). The more I suffer through physical ailments, the more I realize that my faith and hope are much more valuable than my health. The Lord has allowed these sufferings to continue and through faith I will persevere. I will not fall victim to my circumstances because I know the outcome is going to be glorious. In the book of Romans, verse 8:18 (NKJV) says, 18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

There are many people that may look upon me and pity me. They may pity my husband as well because of what the Lord has permitted to occur in my body. The bible says in Romans 8:20 (NKJV) 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope. Yes, God does allow us to be subjected to illness but not without hope.

I am so glad that the Lord has found me worthy of His calling on my life. The peace I continue to receive from Him continues to never fail me. I don't doubt His love for me. This year has made me realize that this is His will for my life. I have come across other believers who have allowed the false doctrines to penetrate their minds. They believe that God would never allow one of His children to suffer so. I have been told that my faith, or "lack there of" has kept me ill. I have been told to "shush!" my mouth when saying that this is God's will for me, that my words have "power". I have been told by other "believers" that I need to "claim" my healing. This is all rubbish. In the midst of my worst sufferings, during my seasons of severe vertigo and vomiting, I pleaded with the Lord to remove it from me and He said to me what He said to Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV) 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Yes, even the great Apostle Paul suffered tremendously.

His grace IS sufficient for me, therefore I will boast in MY infirmities. My hope is in Him and Him alone. Im the first one to admit that this isn't fun and games. I am not enjoying this roller coaster ride of Multiple Sclerosis and other ailments but the bottom line is that the following verse is true . Romans 8:28 (NKJV) 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Although you may not be able to see the "good" in my struggles and quite honestly, I can't either most of the time, there is Someone else Who can, and that someone is God. When I meet Him face to face, it will ALL make perfect sense.

All this suffering is going to be worth it. I'm not alone in my sufferings. God allowed His only begotten Son to suffer, the bible says in Isaiah 53:10 (NKJV) 10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise Him;He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.

I pray that anyone who reads this, who doesn't have a personal relationship with Jesus, will come to know how much our God loves us and how He has made a way for us to live with Him forever. Our sin separates us from a Holy God. Therefore we need a sin sacrifice that can cleanse us from all iniquity. That is Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NKJV) reads, 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. All we need to do is repent, that is to turn away from our sin and believe that Jesus died for us individually, surrender our life to Him, acknowledging that He is the One in control, not us and receive Him as our Lord and Savior. The bible says in Romans 10:9 (NKJV) 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. I implore you to consider these things. It's a matter of life and death, heaven or hell. I am looking forward to heaven and my new glorified body, are you too?

2 Peter 3:9
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,[a] not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Romans 1:16
New King James Version (NKJV)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,[a] for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

No comments: