Sunday, June 3, 2012

Glory to the King

I remember my husband being excited while telling me something that he heard a pastor in our church discuss one day. It was a lesson on serving in the funeral ministry. It was brought to his attention that day how many times in a lifetime the Lord actually heals us. People look at death and forget the countless healings throughout their lifetime. The many times the Lord removed anxiety, depression, a head cold, flu, or even healed part of the CNS that was destroyed in an MS attack. Why do we forget what He has done for us? He has been worthy of much praise and glory all these years and we are like the leper that never looked back or thanked Him. Let that not be so in my life. As I am slowly recuperating from an MS form of transverse myelitis, I am singing praises and thanking Him for EVERY little change in my body, good or bad. I want the world to know how awesome my Savior is and how He is a real and living God Who has taken away my sin and healed my diseases over the years. I'm not in denial. I do have MS but I KNOW it is only for a season. There is no disease in heaven and our lives are but a vapor. Enjoy Him now and it will prepare You for enjoying Him eternally. He is EVERYTHING. Glory to the King.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome testimony sweet friend. I strive to be like you when I grow up. Hugs

Michele Valentine said...

You are one of my mentors Gayle and have been for years. I have never forgotten our times of praying together when you were my leader at the 8:00 service. I'm so grateful for all you have poured into me.

Christie Lee said...

Amen! May we appreciate Him every day in every way and trust He is always working.