Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's My Spiritual Birthday!!!

John 3:7
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

Today is my spiritual birthday!!! This is a celebration in my heart like no other day of the year. No cards, balloons, presents or cake but peace in my heart which is God's greatest gift to me. Sixteen years ago today, a neighbor invited me to church. My children were little tots at the time and were away visiting their Dad in Utah. I was a single Mom back then. Being Jewish, going to church was not part of my repertoire. It was a Wednesday night and I had no kids to care for, I was off from work, so I said "why not?" and decided to go. The church was in a weird building that looked like a warehouse back then. When we got there, I noticed that there was a mixed crowd of people. They had a place where you could purchase cappuccinos with rock candy swizzle sticks, and I did. The people were smiling and they all looked like they were having a good time interacting with each other. When I went into the building, I was greeted by the friendliest people. I actually felt so welcome that it threw me off guard. I listened to Pastor Bob Coy teach in Ecclesiastes that evening and after his message he invited people up to the alter to repent and surrender their life to Jesus. I took that "little walk" and it was the best" little walk" I have ever taken. As I invited Jesus into my life and asked for forgiveness, the tears would not stop pouring down my face. It was as if I could feel the pain, the shame, the sin just pouring out of me. I left that night a free woman. I was given a clean slate. I was no longer in bondage to the "things of this world". I belonged to Someone else now. This has turned into a "longer walk" and I, like many others, have been through a lot of wonderful times since then but I have had a lot of dark times since then as well. BUT, through them all, He has been with me. I can honestly say that I could not have done this life without the hope I have in Jesus and I pray no one else reading this blog postpones their salvation even one more moment. This could be the day that changes your eternity. If you feel God nudging you, don't hesitate to open the door to your heart to let Him in. You won't have an "easy life" but I guarantee you will never do life alone because He will be in You. Today was the day of salvation for me, July 31, 1996. Maybe July 31, 2012 will be the day you are "born again"!!!

2 Corinthians 6:2
New King James Version (NKJV)
2 For He says:
“In an acceptable time I have heard you,
And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”[a]
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

No comments: