Wednesday, July 25, 2012

If I knew the "cure", why wouldn't I share it with you?


I just wanted to throw this question out there. What have I to gain if you were to surrender your life to Jesus? Would you feel like I won something? Would you feel like I persuaded you into something that you didn't want to believe was true? What stops people from making the decision to go from the "independent" life, to a life "dependent" on God alone? I don't watch Dr. Phil, but from people I know who do, I hear that he says, "how's that working for you?"

I honestly don't know any christians who have given their life to Jesus and now say, "wow, I wish I never did that". If you feel God tugging at your heart, or if when I write about these things, you feel a bit antsy or nervous, keep in mind that there is a war for your soul going on in the heavenly realm. It is a spiritual decision made in your heart, confessed with your mouth and exercised through repentance.

This decision to ask Jesus to be your Savior is the MOST IMPORTANT DECISION you will EVER make. It will determine where you spend eternity. The bible clearly mentions hell throughout the old and new testament and it is not a place where all your buddies are hanging out having a good time. It is described in many ways...all of which sound terrible to me. I don't want to wake up from my death here on earth and open my eyes there and I certainly wouldn't want anyone else I know or love to either.

Isaiah 38:18
New King James Version (NKJV)
18 For Sheol cannot thank You,
Death cannot praise You;
Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Your truth.

Matthew 25:30
New King James Version (NKJV)
30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Matthew 13:49-50
New King James Version (NKJV)
49 So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, 50 and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.”

If a cure came out for my Multiple Sclerosis in the form of a new medication and I decided "it's not for me, I'm just fine the way that I am", well, you might think that I was crazy. You as a family member, friend or even a stranger, might beg me to take the new "cure". If you love me, you desire what's best for me. The same holds true with my love for whoever may read this blog. We are ALL infected with sin. BUT, there is a cure! It's Jesus Christ. You can receive the cure or you can turn your back on it. What makes sense to you? Won't you accept God's wonderful gift of salvation?

Revelation 22:17
New King James Version (NKJV)
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

Come as you are to Him, He loves you.



No comments: