Monday, July 16, 2012

God's in Control!

Proverbs 16:33
New King James Version (NKJV)
33 The lot is cast into the lap,
But its every decision is from the Lord.

Upon awaking this morning, I knew that it was once again "shot day". After a dreadful weekend, I needed to reintroduce this medication back into my body. I know there is a period of time that it will take to get used to it (often 6 months or so), but it seems like an eternity when you feel horrible. My body doesn't seem to react well to certain medications, this is one of them. Feeling horrible is common with Rebif for many at first and if you've ever had the flu, you understand the meaning of flu-like symptoms. I don't know anyone who enjoys feeling feverish, achy, dizzy, nauseated, fatigued and just plain old SICK! I have felt led to use this medication, so I am walking in faith that God knows what is best for me at this particular time. I'm so glad I can trust Him. My life is in His hands. My days on this earth are numbered and He knows every hair on my head, that comforts me.

There is no such thing as chance. God is in complete control. We can't fake Him out. He knows everything. When I battle making decisions such as "should I continue to take this drug when it's making me sick"? Or "should I stop taking this drug and risk having another major relapse"? Whatever I decide to do, He will use for His glory. He can use ALL things, including what we may feel to be "bad" decisions, for His glory. When we rest in knowing that our lives are in His hands, we can live in His peace. We don't have to bog ourselves down trying in our flesh to make decisions that are "right". If I am staying connected to my Savior, and I'm praying for His will in my life, He's not going to have me out of His will. If I pray to be walking in the Holy Spirit, by faith I need to know that I will be. These are good things to pray for.

Matthew 7:9-11
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

Today I choose to rest in God's sovereignty. Although my decision making will quite often feel like I'm "casting lots", I can rest in Him. I'm going to enjoy His peace today, no matter what comes my way.

No comments: