Monday, July 23, 2012

The" Old Bent Palm Tree"


Matthew 7:25
New King James Version (NKJV)
25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

Every time I look at the "old bent palm tree" in our yard, it reminds me of myself. You see, the bent part reminds me of when Hurricane Wilma blew through our yard years ago back in 2005. The tree was nearly blown over but it managed to survive. Our screen enclosure was torn apart and blown to shreds during that storm but that palm tree remained. The bent part is a reminder to me of the trials that I find myself in. The storms that come into my life and try to blow me to shreds. The tree survived and I will too. We will all share in experiencing storms but they never last forever. They blow through our lives leaving us either torn apart out of a lack of faith in our Savior Jesus or they strengthen us, making us stronger faith-filled followers of our Savior. It's our choice...I have quite a few "bends" in me but they have made me stronger like our "old bent palm tree".

No comments: