Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Friends...

“The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.” CS Lewis

Proverbs 19:20
New King James Version (NKJV)
20 Listen to counsel and receive instruction,
That you may be wise in your latter days.

Today I was in a bit of disarray upon awakening. My MS symptoms plus the Rebif side effects are placing me under the weather physically. I was hoping that I would feel well enough to meet with a friend for coffee this morning to discuss some "stuff" but it didn't happen today. Getting some basics accomplished like showering, brushing my teeth and a few things like a load of laundry here and there will be the extent of my day. I am so grateful for my understanding friends. The ones that know that my "excuses" for not getting together are very real and don't allow them to interfere with the friendship we have. I try not to mention names on my blog other than my family members out of respect for people's privacy but I'm so grateful for ALL the friends that God has placed in my life. Each and every friend & "sister" God has blessed me with has a special place in my heart. Today, one of these friends, who I refer to as my "Soul Sister", she knows who she is, blessed me with her words. She and I are able to speak into each other's lives in a way that is so unique and meaningful. I love having someone who loves the Lord, seeks His will and loves me for me, as my friend. Although our struggles are so very different, we still have so much in common. So much in common in fact, that we constantly interrupt each other and quite often will have more than one conversation going on at the same time! I'm so grateful and thankful that we can be truthful and honest with each other without the fear of offending each other. That is rare to find in a friendship and I don't ever want to take that for granted. During certain trials, we all need those people in our lives that will be brave and have enough courage to tell us the "truth in love". It's always easier to swallow good counsel when we know that they are speaking from experience and with God's love, not out of selfishness. Living with MS or any chronic condition wears on you enough but if you add in the everyday struggles and trials of living here on earth, it can send us off course quickly and often. Today the Lord redirected me through the counsel of this friend as it was delivered from Him, through her voice, traveling through my cell phone and into my ear. I prayed for many years for the Lord to bring me christian sisters that would develop into meaningful friendships and I have been blessed beyond measure with answer to that prayer. God has strategically placed these woman in my life and I'm so BLESSED! A special thank you to my dear "SS" today for your love, support and prayer. You are heaven sent.



No comments: