Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's the little things...


1 Thessalonians 5:18
New Living Translation (NLT)
18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Today has turned out to be a better day than I had anticipated. When I opened my eyes this morning, I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't as dizzy and sick feeling as I have been lately. That was a good thing. No, it was a great thing! The UPS man just delivered our A/C part so I am praying for air conditioning in my near future. I have to admit that it hasn't been too bad. The weather has been overcast, our bedroom is cool from the portable A/C unit, that I've named r2d2 and Kenny has two industrial strength fans blowing through the house. I am grateful that he has planned ahead for disasters such as hurricanes. The equipment came in handy during this time with no A/C. Last night we used the heat as an excuse to drive through McDonalds for some Iced Mocha Frappe's. I could get used to that unhealthy ritual. When we got back home, I realized what the worst part of not having A/C is, THE DOG STINK! The house stinks like dogs since there is no fresh filtered air blowing through the house. No visitors at this time please! lol

Just a reminder today to be grateful for everything and in ALL circumstances! The little things in life, including these little annoyances, quite often turn out to be some of our fondest memories. Smile, laugh and tell someone you love them today. I will too.

No comments: