Sunday, August 5, 2012

God knows our heart...


1 Samuel 16:7
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees;[a] for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Last night I was blessed to make it out to dinner with Kenny so we could meet up with some of my closest friends from high school (some from middle school). After having a rough day physically, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it, but I did. It was wonderful to see them! We enjoyed our time together but I just knew deep inside that we really could have used some more time together to chat. We were only able to scratch the surface of what our lives have been like since the last time we all met, which was a few years ago. I would have to believe that my MS and my trials are not the only "problems" amongst the bunch. We have all been riddled with difficult situations over the years yet we are grateful to have each other as friends to confide in and share with. We have a history together, we love each other and I pray we will always reunite as we are able to do so. We never quite know what a friend may be going through. We see the outer appearance but never truly know what is going on deep within. My prayer is that even though our lives are busy and our time is limited, we will stay connected and take the time to invest more of ourselves into each other's lives. When we are struggling to put a smile on through our pain, we can rest that no matter what is going on inside of us, God knows our struggles and He knows our heart.

No comments: