Thursday, August 30, 2012

Joy Comes In The Morning...

Psalm 30:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.

This verse is on my heart today. Yesterday I was "out of sorts" thinking about some of my most recent trials, and lately, they have been many. Some days feel very dark and dreary. On days like that, I draw near to my Savior through His Word. I could just feel God's Holy Spirit leading me to get comfortable, slow down, and come spend some time with Him. I did and I'm glad. He never disappoints me. This morning when I woke up and I let the dogs out, the sun was peaking through the clouds and I had a fresh feeling of joy sweep over me. A new perspective. My sadness was easing and I could feel the joy seeping into my spirit once again. Going from feeling "low and sad" to" joy and peace" literally overnight is a taste of what our great God can do. That's not to say that my "problems" went away overnight but how I see them has changed. Sometimes in life we experience wave after wave of trials that seem endless. They just keep rolling in and crashing on us. I felt like that yesterday, very overwhelmed with my circumstances. Today I feel more peace. Physically, I feel my usual yucky "dizzy thing" but a sick spirit is worse than a sick body in my opinion. When I am seeking the Lord and drawing near to Him, He draws near to me. There is no one here on earth that could ever fill that void in my life but God. My daughter Amanda, sensing my turmoil, came home yesterday with some beautiful bright flowers and a bag of Tootsie Pops. Simple yet so lovely! A glimpse of God's glory in the midst of my sadness. He uses ordinary means for supernatural purposes. Only Jesus can turn my weeping into joy overnight. I'm grateful and thankful for a God that is real, alive and active in my life. I will sing praises to my God once again. He is faithful and never disappoints me!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Read Gram this post and she LOVED it! She believes you have a beautiful testimony.

Much love,
Marissa and Gram