Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Today was the day!!!

3 John 1:2
New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

Ok. Today was the day. I have been thinking about this day, preparing for this day, but up until today I hadn't followed through. Today I made a kale smoothie and I drank it! I'm glad that I am a person who already loves just about all fruits and veggies. I know what many of you may be thinking, "you should have done this a long time ago!". Ok, maybe I should have, but today was MY day. My smoothie was made up of a whole apple, kale, spinach, a banana, squeeze of fresh lemon and some ice water. It was actually good. Next time I'll add more ice. It could have been colder. This is the start of my eating more fresh fruits and veggies journey. Keep me in prayer because eating is my favorite pastime! I don't plan on giving up other foods entirely but I really do want to add more fresh produce to my diet. I will keep you up to date on my smoothie status. Who knows, I may fall of the wagon and have Honey Nut Cheerios tomorrow for breakfast.

P.S. You don't need to send me the video of the doctor with MS who has "cured" herself by eating kale. I've already seen it dozens of times! That's where I got this idea from. lol

1 comment:

Our Happyhut said...

I love these, I have one every day and yes you can get very creative. https://www.vitamix.com/Find-Recipes. they have lots of free recipes.

i will freeze fruit so its ready to go and less ice.