Friday, August 10, 2012

I want to be in His will...


Matthew 16:23
New King James Version (NKJV)
23 But He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men.”

How many times have I been like Peter with my humanly perspective on things? Too many times to count I'm sure. Wanting to "help" remove what looks bad from my life, the life of a friend or a beloved family member. I don't like to see the people I love suffering but God has a plan through our suffering, so who are we to try and thwart His plan with our own "ideas" or "good deeds"? Our intentions may seem pure, but we never really know the work God is doing in an individual's life. That is why I may express to God my heart's desire but ask for His will to be done, not mine, regardless of what I think I want or need. It's not a cop out to always pray for God's will to be done. It's not "the easy way out" of praying for someone. It is actually one of the most difficult yet loving prayers you can pray because you know You are willing to allow suffering in your life or the life of someone you love because you KNOW that His will is the safest place for us to be. If you ever feel so led to pray for me, please pray God's will in my life. That is where I want to be. I am so glad that the Spirit of God in me helps intercede on my behalf at times when I don't know what or how I should pray...

Romans 8:26
New King James Version (NKJV)
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us[a] with groanings which cannot be uttered.

No comments: