Monday, August 6, 2012

Always Waiting for the Doctor to Call....


Over the weekend I felt like I was stung by a bee on my thigh. It later morphed into an area of skin that was extremely painful. It continued to morph into a rash that is too painful to touch. Maybe shingles? Since increasing my Rebif to 44 mcg last week, I have felt horrible. The symptoms of my last relapse have reappeared and I'm not happy about the encore. I have nerve pain throughout my lower right torso, headache, malaise and my regular dizzy symptoms. I called the Rebif company yesterday to speak to a nurse. They told me to stop the injections until I speak to my doctor. I called the service this morning to reach my doctor and asked for a call back due to a weird reaction to my med. I haven't received a call back yet. I called the office again and told them that I was advised to postpone my injections until I speak to the doctor. Still no call back yet. When you have MS, every day is an adventure. No two days are even similar. You have to be able to just "roll" with whatever comes your way. I still haven't gotten used to this after 10 years of living with MS. I am looking out the window and it's a rainy day. Perfect for my mood. I will make the most of waiting for the doctor to call. Patience has never been natural for me. I guess that's why the doctor hasn't called me yet. Lord, please help me pass my patience test. I keep failing miserably...

Romans 12:12
New King James Version (NKJV)
12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer;

Update: the doctor's office called to tell me that the doctor will be calling me. Oh, thanks. Still waiting....

No comments: