Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I'm so tired today...


Considering I have had MS for over ten years now, I have to say that I've been blessed by not being completely fatigued on a regular basis like so many other people I know with this disease. My energy level is normally pretty good for someone with MS. Today, I can't say that, in fact, the last few days I have been waking up in the morning feeling very tired and sleepy. I have been remaining tired all day long too. Quite often, a relapse will begin by manifesting itself in me with extreme fatigue. I did take a nap today already for about an hour. I forced myself to get back up but I really wanted to go back to sleep again. I try to fight it, but I need God's help. I forget what this weight of tiredness feels like, until it hits me all over again. It's like going for a swim in the pool fully dressed, jeans and all. It's a feeling of heaviness that overwhelms me. I am too tired to read or even think. No, it's not the end of the world by any means to be fatigued, but there is stuff I would like to get done today...maybe later or tomorrow.

In my weakness I turn to the Lord Who says that His power is made perfect in weakness. I'm banking on that promise today. Thank You Lord for Your sufficient grace. It sustains me when I don't feel like I can sustain myself...

2 Corinthians 12:9
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 comments:

Virginia Santoro said...

I join you in your prayer, Michele. I certainly understand this. Thank you for your so very accurate of what MS fatigue (so very different from ordinary fatigue) feels like.

Love you, dear sister...
V

Michele Valentine said...

Thank you Virginia! I always appreciate my friends who "get it" and keep me in prayer. I'm so blessed!