Friday, September 7, 2012

Who can supply ALL my needs?


Philippians 4:19
New King James Version (NKJV)
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Just like everyone else, I have been a witness to the division of our country in a way in which I have never quite experienced before. It may be partially due to social media. We are now able to view everyone's opinions regularly as we scroll through our "news feeds" or tweets. We as a people, are looking to find a leader who will "meet all of our needs". The bottom line is that there is only One Person who can meet our every need, and He is Jesus. That's not to say that I don't have a responsibility as a citizen of my country to cast my vote based upon the things that I value, such as the sanctity of life and marriage. We as a people have a way of placing our trust in the "things" that make us feel more "secure". Things such as our finances, our jobs, our relationships, our health, our beauty, our freedom, our possessions....the list goes on and on. All of these things can be removed in the twinkling of an eye. We can lose our health overnight, our job, our money, our beauty, a relationship, our freedom.... What will be left of us at that point? If any of these things were to be removed from your life today, who would you turn to? What would be left of you? My hope is in Jesus Christ. He is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8). He is my portion. He is ALL that I need.

Lamentations 3:24
New King James Version (NKJV)
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”

In a world where we base who we are by what we do for a living and how much money we have in our bank accounts, it is sad to see that so many people believe that a political candidate is going to be able to change their lives and maybe even "who they are". Only a relationship with Jesus Christ can change "who you are" AND your eternal destiny. If you have Him, you have EVERYTHING. If you don't have Him, you don't have ANYTHING. What good is it if you have gained the whole world but have lost your soul? (Mark 8:36). We need to stop chasing after the wind people! Seek the Lord while there is still time to do so. In the end, He is ALL you need.

Isaiah 55:6
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Seek the Lord while He may be found,
Call upon Him while He is near.

No comments: