Friday, September 28, 2012

"Moore" than friends...


Philippians 2:3-7
New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

When you have a chronic illness, I personally find it difficult to define myself at times. I know that I am not my disease and I know who I am in Christ, but MS takes up a great portion of my life and that cannot be ignored. It wont let me ignore it. I am constantly readjusting my life to my physical body and symptoms. Sometimes it is very obvious that I'm "sick" and other times I actually "appear" pretty healthy. MS is a chronic degenerative disease that can effect unlimited parts of your body, depending upon where the damage is to your central nervous system. It usually progresses and gets worse over time. It takes a lot of faith and endurance to press on. Sometimes I just need an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on. That is where this precious couple comes in...

I have these special friends that have gone the extra mile with me on this bumpy road for many years now. They have shown me endless love in action. We met at a home bible study quite a few years ago. This group consisted of amazing folks who over the years have become like family to me. They mean "Moore" to me than they will ever comprehend in this lifetime. They have stood the test of time and continue to do so. The "female side" of this couple is like a sister, friend, and mom all wrapped together in the most precious package. She is a spiritual GIANT in a little itty bitty body. Today she sent me some notes of encouragement in the mail (a very common occurrence). There were hand written notes all over the outside of the envelope as well, telling me how loved I am! This couple has been an ongoing blessing over the years. Often, when someone goes into the hospital or is in an accident, friends and family will step up and help out in many ways as needed. When you are chronically sick, it takes a special kind of friend that will be there for you over the very long haul, through thick and thin, good times and bad. When I am unable to go out and have to continually cancel plans because I'm unwell or when I call her in tears because I can't stop throwing up or I can't walk, she has been there to listen and to pray for me. I've been all over the MS spectrum and this couple has made themselves available to me any time of the day and any day of the week. The "male side" of this duo has driven from the east side of town all the way west to deliver books, prepared meals, barley salad & asparagus soup straight to my door. Who could ever imagine such kindness? The card she sent today sums it up well. We are literally "forever friends"!!!

I love you Moore!!!

No comments: