Sunday, September 23, 2012

God's Perfect Provision...

From Streams in the Desert:
"Some of us are troubled, wondering why the Holy Spirit doesn't fill us. The problem is that we have plenty coming in but we are not giving out to others. If you will give the blessing you have received, planning your life around greater service and being a blessing to those around you, then you will quickly find that the Holy Spirit is with you. He will bestow blessings to you for service, giving you all He can trust you to give away to others."

While reading the above devotion this morning, God laid it on my heart to bless a particular friend of mine. He even made the amount clear to me. My initial thought was, "Lord, You know how much I have spent on many unforeseen expenses lately, You surely don't mean for me to give now, do You?" Although I didn't completely dismiss the thought, I did stop thinking about it for the time being. I "conveniently" pushed the idea aside and went about my morning routine.

Yesterday, I was feeling a bit under the weather plus it was overcast and rainy outside so I never made it out of the house. Once I realized this, I went outside to retrieve yesterday's mail. I brought it inside and threw it down on the couch. As I began to sort through it, I noticed a treasure that was wedged in between a bunch of junk mail. It was an overpayment check from a hospital bill. It was the EXACT amount that the Lord had laid on my heart this morning to bless my friend with. I'm sharing this because God is so amazing and His provision is absolutely perfect. Not only did the Holy Spirit lay it on my heart to bless this special friend, He actually provided the blessing! Now that is an awesome God!!!

Genesis 22:14
English Standard Version (ESV)
14 So Abraham called the name of that place, “The Lord will provide”;[a] as it is said to this day, “On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”[b]

No comments: