Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Body of Christ...My Family


Jeremiah 31:25
New King James Version (NKJV)
25 For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.”

The past few days have been pretty bad on the "dizziness richter scale". I wish I could wear a number on myself that would reflect how intense my dizziness is at any given moment. This way my family and friends would be able to see the degree of my dizziness without me having to say a word or sound like I'm complaining. I would use the 1-10 scale, # 1 being, "I'm ready to dance" and the # 10 being "just take me out back and shoot me". On my really bad dizzy days, the wisest thing I can do to settle my "snowglobe" head is "a whole bunch of NOTHING". Movement aggravates my dizziness and it makes things a lot worse. For the last few days, I have pretty much sat on the couch and looked around at all the undone projects that I have wanted to finish. My dizziness never goes away completely, it waxes and wanes. Sometimes it is mild enough where I will go out for a cup of coffee with a friend or a little trip to Publix with Kenny, but for the most part, I have been extremely limited in my outings. I believe that most people in my position would be very disheartened. I attribute my ability to carry on and persevere through my chronic dizziness because of my relationship with God. To be perfectly honest, I get very down at times but when I do, I draw near to the Lord and He draws near to me, as He has promised. I do have great moments of refreshment. These moments are enough to sustain me. Yesterday, I was feeling very down. I actually joked with Kenny when he offered to get me my pillow while I was on the couch. As he stood over me, pillow in hand, he asked where he should place it. I said "how 'bout over my head and then push really hard!". I was joking (bad joke, I know) but the reality is, that being away from my body actually did sound very appealing to me for the moment. I have endured chronic dizziness for quite a while now. It isn't easy, it isn't fun and it doesn't make life pleasant for the ones around me either. There is nothing I can take to relieve my dizziness. It's not like a headache where popping some Advil or Excedrin might help. I begged and pleaded with the Lord in the past to remove it from me, but like Paul, His response to me was "my grace is sufficient for you...". It really is. I get through each day and more often than not, I have found joy in my days and my life. Yesterday, after my big trip to the mailbox, I was delighted to find a package addressed to me. I was so excited to open this package. It may as well have been from God Himself. I needed something and I didn't know what. It was from a brother from church. I opened the package and it was a beautiful little devotional book for women. It had a note of encouragement hand written inside, probably with an "over the top" incredible pen (inside joke). It made my day. Over the past year or so, the Lord has moved many of his people to send me cards, notes, texts, calls, books, and the list goes on and on and on..... The amazing part is the timing of each and every single encouragement that I have received. It is always EXACTLY what I need when I needed it. God is amazing and I love His people, the body of Christ. My brothers and sisters who show His love in their actions. God using His people to be His arms to give me a much needed hug from Himself. If the Lord so prompts you to do a little something for someone today, please follow through with it. Even a little message or note in someone's Facebook inbox could brighten someone's day. Your obedience could mean the world to a hurting soul...

Proverbs 11:25
New King James Version (NKJV)
25 The generous soul will be made rich,
And he who waters will also be watered himself.

2 comments:

Bryonm said...

Michelle:

We're praying for you and think of you often. If there is anything you need, please give us a call. Susan and Debbie would love to hang out with you one day, have coffee, and go shopping. Hit her up on FB.

Bryon

Michele Valentine said...

Thank you Bryon! I will be doing that on a better day. Thank you for your prayers , as you and your family are in mine as well. Praying Allie is doing well.