Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Put On Love....


Colossians 3:14
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.

Yesterday was just another one of those aggravating days that my family has experienced lately and really no different than what many other families are experiencing also. I am in no way considering it strange as if these annoyances only happens to us. Lately, we have been having a lot of car issues. It is certainly to be expected considering the kids are driving older vehicles with no warranties. That's just life with older kids and old cars. The one thing that has brought much joy in the midst of our "motor vehicle chaos" has been seeing the love my children have for each other. Not many things in this life can bring the kind of joy that this Mom has experienced over the past few months. I have survived the days of "sibling rivalry" and have lived to see my children grow into young adults. The relationship between them as brother and sister has been heart warming to say the least. The two of them have been running like a well oiled machine (better than either one of their cars) lately. When my son's car broke down on a few different occasions, my daughter was right there to lend him her car. When my son needed a ride to school, a couple of hours earlier than she needed to be there, she not only picked him up and drove him to school, she delivered fresh baked cupcakes to him. I love my kids and I love seeing them love each other. There is no greater gift for a Mom. They have been there for each other during very difficult times over the years. I pray that this never ends and that they would always acknowledge what God has gifted them with, a Mom who loves them more than words can ever express and each other. One other major point that I must mention, are the faithful friends that they have had for SO many years. These wonderful friends have been there with them through thick and thin, good times and bad times. I love these kids as if they were my own too. Thank You Lord for the gift of wonderful, loving and beautiful children, both the ones I gave birth to and the ones from another Mother!

Psalm 127:3
New Living Translation (NLT)
3 Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.

No comments: