Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Endurance...


Hebrews 6:10-12
New Living Translation (NLT)
10 For God is not unjust. He will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers,[a] as you still do. 11 Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. 12 Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.

Endurance has been on my mind a lot lately. Enduring, persevering and finishing my race well are all priorities in my life. Last night, I dreamt that I was in a speed walking race. I was wearing nice new white sneakers, I had a cool trekking pole with a fluorescent pink spring loaded bottom part. I was walking so fast in my dream and I was so excited to be part of this athletic event. Even though I wasn't running, I was walking at such a fast pace. It felt so good. I finished the "race" but realized that I came in last place. I was so happy to have finished the race that I still felt like a winner. When I woke up, I realized that as long as I am on God's "team", I am a winner no matter what place I come in. I know my fate. As I type, I realized that my daughter Amanda said to me yesterday, "slow and steady wins the race". We chuckled because I can be pretty slow and I'm not too steady. I woke up today feeling physically exhausted as if I actually did speed walk in a race, yet my spirit is filled with joy as I ponder my future with Jesus. As long as I have breath, I will praise and love my God and His people. God can use us no matter what our circumstances are. We may not see the fruit in this lifetime, but we will certainly see it when we reach our final destination and cross the "finish line" of this life. I long to hear those glorious words from my Savior's mouth, "well done, good and faithful servant". Yes, that will be a glorious day. My prize is Jesus.

Philippians 3:14
New Living Translation (NLT)
14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.


No comments: