Saturday, December 15, 2012

When there are no words...


Psalm 18:6
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.

I woke up at 2:30 am this morning with a sense of dread as my mind went immediately to thoughts of little people in school... My mind thought of little backpacks, lunch boxes and school supplies. Then my mind continued to drift as I thought about the Christmas presents stuffed in closets, the tears, the anxiety, the stress, the depression, the evil, and all the dreaded realities that had come to fruition for so many parents and family members. I had to get up. I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing. I had to get with God. I had to pour my overwhelming feelings out to Him in the wee hours of the morning. I had to deal with my emotions, my thoughts, my feelings and I had to talk to God. As I slipped out of bed and sat on my couch, I could feel the tears coming again. Then out of nowhere, the front door opened and in walked my daughter. She sat with me and consoled me. We spoke about the different aspects of this heartbreaking tragedy. It is beyond comprehension, it is beyond words. After we spent some time talking about what had happened and had shed some tears together, she went off to go to sleep. I thanked God for allowing my daughter to once again arrive home safely. After experiencing many trials over the years, I have learned Who to turn to in times of great distress. Oh yes, I have had some very special friends and family in my life that have listened to my woes over the years, but there is nothing like crying out to God, the Creator of the Universe. He inclines His ear towards me! He knows my every thought. He knows me better than I know myself. He has delivered me from all my trials and I am standing in the gap and praying along with many others, for these hurting people in Connecticut. God hears our every sigh, our every groan and our every thought. He comforts us in ways that are supernatural at times but more often than not, He uses simple means like my daughter coming home very late (actually early) to spend some time with her sad & overwhelmed Mom. Prayer is a powerful tool that we have. I will never stop lifting up prayers to my God. I will always call upon His name...I hope you will join me in prayer for healing, peace and comfort for these precious families...they are in great need of our love, support and prayers...


2 Corinthians 1:3-4
New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

No comments: