Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I was grumpy...

Genesis 50:20
New King James Version (NKJV)
20 But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.

I made a new friend today! I am feeling full of joy right now in the midst of physical ailments. I can't say that I felt this joyful when I first woke up this morning. In fact, I would be lying unless I told you that I woke up with what I affectionately call "the spirit of grumpiness". As I sat on the couch chatting with my daughter, she let me know immediately that she could feel my "negative vibe". She actually recommended that I take a nap. To put us both out of our misery, I did. I have been trying to recuperate from a head cold for about a week now. It's not a terrible cold but ANY cold/virus wreaks havoc on my MS and especially my vestibular symptoms. A clogged up head and ears create more dizziness and yucky ear symptoms. To be honest, I told my daughter that it would make me happy for someone to truly understand what being in this body of mine REALLY feels like at times. I told her that she could go outside, spin around and around until she gets "fall down dizzy" then come in the house and try to function. I don't want to admit that I was having a bit of a pity party, but I was. So to help cure my pity party, I took a nap. I woke to the sound of my cellphone vibrating on the table next to my bed. I glanced and saw an unrecognizable local number. I got up out of bed and listened to the voicemail that was left for me. It was a woman with MS that a mutual friend had told me about while I was at church last Wednesday night. Her call was like a fresh breeze blowing through my phone. I could feel my spirit return to joy as we spoke and reflected on the "bad" stuff that has happened to us, yet we were both clearly able to see God's mighty hand working in the midst of our troubles. I went to take a nap all grumpy and woke up blessed with a new friend. The above verse was mentioned in our conversation and I had to blog about it so I could remember how God continually uses this "bad" MS for His glory and still uses it for good, even when I can't see it. The cherry on top was a " love text" from my daughter. God has turned my frown upside down. :)

No comments: