Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Parts....New Life

2 Corinthians 5:17
New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.


Over the last few weeks, we have experienced one of those seasons where everything I touch has broken. One of those examples of "when it rains it pours". The refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, Vitamix blender..... What I have come to realize is that being able to purchase a new part for an appliance and having a handy husband who is capable of installing the new parts is a wonderful thing! It brings new life to our old appliances!

God does something very similar for us. Through repentance (turning away from our sinful ways) & FAITH in Jesus, His sinless life, His death on the cross (as the sacrifice for our sins) and His resurrection, He takes our old sinful selves and makes us new creations through the power of His Holy Spirit. He gives us the gift of eternal life! Just like any other gift that we may be blessed with, we must "receive" it so it becomes ours. We don't just look and admire a gift that someone gives to us, we take it, unwrap it, open it up and we receive it as our own. We must do the same with God's gift to us. When we do receive His gift, the former things pass away and we are made into new creations in Christ! He takes our stoney heart and gives us a new one, along with his Holy Spirit! That is what it means to be "born again". Really, does it get any better than that?? So, although my Multiple Sclerosis is destroying my physical body day by day, my spirit is also being renewed day by day. This is where my comfort and peace come from in the midst of my trials. Where does your comfort and peace come from? If it's not from knowing God in a personal way through a relationship with Jesus, then you really haven't experienced His true peace...


John 3:7
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’

Romans 6:23
New King James Version (NKJV)
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ezekiel 36:26
New King James Version (NKJV)
26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

2 Corinthians 4:16
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

John 14:27
New King James Version (NKJV)
27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

No comments: