Friday, June 28, 2013

Always making adjustments...

Matthew 6:34

New King James Version (NKJV)

34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

As my days go by and my MS progresses, there are times when my only goal for the day is a shower. I do have some more constructive days where I actually accomplish some tasks (chores, crafts, cooking...). I have been taking naps almost every day lately and I am allowing myself to do so without listening to "the voices in my head" that tell me that I'm being lazy. Since God created me, I will always have my very own place in this world regardless of what this nasty disease called MS does to me.  No one else can be me. (I don't think anyone would want to be anyway, lol). I know that I often put pressure on myself to do more and sometimes that is a good thing, but sometimes my limitations need to be dealt with by resting. I am getting better at listening to the needs of my body. I have learned that it's ok to say no sometimes. Quite often I will find myself, like many of you do, where I am being pulled from every direction to do this or to do that. I am learning to do what I need to do in this unpredictable life with MS and that is "to just roll with it". If I am able to do whatever it is, great! If not, I will move forward and not look back. Being that I never have symptom free days anymore, like I did early on in my disease course, I have to adjust my daily routine as needed. If my hair goes unwashed an extra day, well so be it. A chronic disease can teach one a lot about what is important and what is not. I do what I am able to do when I can and I take the time to rest when I'm unable to do certain things. My favorite saying lately is, "it is what it is". That is true. No matter what my future holds, God is unchanging. Focusing on the "what ifs" have never been productive for me or anyone else that I know. More often than not, they don't happen. Crossing each bridge as I get to it is a much better plan. Today I polished my fingernails blue. I had Amanda pick a color for me. It would have never been my choice but hey, I'm mixing it up a bit today! Live for today and in each moment.   Enjoy every detail of your life. For in the blink of an eye, our life as we know it could change in a very unexpected way...we need to love each other passionately and extend grace to each other as well. Isn't that what Christ has done for us?

No comments: