Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Lord has shut me in but He is with me...

Genesis 7:16
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the Lord shut him in.

I woke up yesterday morning from a dream where I was spinning. Unfortunately, it wasn't just a dream. It was real too. The big "V" (Vertigo) has returned. There is nothing worse than chronic vertigo. I've said it before and I'll say it again, vertigo stinks! I am unable to function at all when I have theses episodes. They are completely debilitating. My eyes jump around and I don't know which way is up. I'm spinning and unable to control my body. The nausea I would equate with a bad day on the water while deep sea fishing. The vomiting is similar to severe morning sickness or food poisoning. If you put all these together, you come up with a miserable person who can't believe that a human body can be so cruel. Kenny, my wonderful husband and Amanda, my awesome daughter are like a machine. Everyone picks up where I leave off. I am literally couch bound 24/7 and get up with assistance only to use the bathroom. Those bars Kenny installed sure do come in handy. Falling off the toilet would be terrible! I'm so blessed in the midst of this nightmare. My husband cares for me and puts his needs last. He is patient and loving in the midst of my times of sadness and bordering despair. Today he read me some devotions, as it is difficult for me to read with nystagmus and double vision. He read about God shutting the door Himself to the ark. It seems that God has shut me in for another season, but He is with me. If you have prayed for me, I thank you. I also thank my friends and family for the texts, messages, e-mails and calls. It has been difficult to keep up with responding so I am blogging now to thank each and every one of you for blessing me and my family with your prayers, words of encouragement and love. It is the best medicine of all! Talk to you all again after this miserable Vertigo nightmare leaves. I pray it doesn't last long, but not my will be done, but His...

No comments: