Thursday, June 20, 2013

It isn't over till it's over...

2 Timothy 4:7
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

I just read a devotion that used basketball as an analogy to life. It brought to mind game 6 of the NBA Finals series that I watched the other night with Kenny. Towards the end of the game it began to look hopeless for the Miami Heat. So hopeless in fact that many of the fans actually got up and left the game only to learn that they missed a great over-time and their team WON! I remember talking to God during that exciting game and wondering which team had more people praying for a win. I was going to be one of those fans who was praying. I'm not saying that the HEAT won because of my prayers or anyone else's (only God knows), but it made me realize that we as believers should NEVER be tempted to lose hope in this life no matter how terrible things are looking or feeling. I often wonder why The Lord allows me to suffer daily with dizziness, nausea, vertigo and the buffet of symptoms that this disease (MS) has to offer. My life seems surreal to me at times. This blog today is a reminder to myself and for all those who have put their complete trust in The Lord Jesus for their salvation that, "IT ISN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER!!!" None of God's children will lose!!! We need to hang on to Him and His promises during this crazy thing called life no matter how bad our circumstances appear. We know that the end result will be perfect. We have a big win waiting for us when we meet our Creator face to face after our race to the finish line is over! In the mean time, we need to be patient and wait on The Lord! 

Tonight the HEAT may win a championship or forfeit it to their opponent, but what I learned from game 6 is to never lose hope in the midst of our trying circumstances...

No comments: