Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Who are you?

1 Corinthians 12:18
New King James Version (NKJV)
18 But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased.

Yesterday, while having a talk with my daughter Amanda, I mentioned to her that it doesn't matter to me "what you become" but "who you become". What one does to earn a living does not define who they are. Belonging to The Lord Jesus Christ is the ONLY thing that truly matters. Such a complex yet simple truth. This life can literally strip us of all our worldly goods, loved ones, health....if that were to happen to you, would you know who you are in Christ? Could you see beyond being stripped of all your earthly possessions?

It's been two years since I left the working world. I don't look back. I can't say that it wasn't difficult to part with my licenses that I worked hard to get, but I CAN say that I press forward on to my upward call in Christ from my couch. God in His amazing ways is able to use any of us no matter where we are physically or what our circumstances look like. No matter how bleak things may appear, I still have my place in His kingdom and in the body of believers. 

I've been unable to serve physically in church for a while now, but that doesn't mean I have stopped serving God. He has strategically placed me exactly where He wants me. My life is not just a random "series of unfortunate events". 

I continue to pray to be in God's will, I can trust that I am exactly where He would have me. Some may look on and feel pity for me, but don't. Things may look bad on the outside at times and things may continue to worsen in appearance, but I believe every word of the bible and I know that I have a grand future ahead of me. Anyone who has placed their complete trust in Jesus for their salvation can say the same. If you haven't done that yet, He is just a prayer away. Ask Him today to cleanse you of all iniquity and He is faithful and just to do so. Resting in Him is peace and joy, even in the midst of terrible adversity... 

1 John 1:9
New King James Version (NKJV)
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

No comments: