Saturday, June 1, 2013

Funny how we remember things...

Psalm 118:24
New King James Version (NKJV)
24 This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

As I was looking at some old pictures of a trip Kenny and I took in 2004 to Colorado, I realized that every moment of every day we are making memories. The weird thing is, that while I was looking at the old pictures, a few things crossed my mind. My hair was blonde, thicker, shiny and pretty. I also looked fit and slender.  Back when the pictures were taken, I'm sure that "in my mind" I thought I looked ugly that day. I also look at the pictures and think about the fond memories of our adventures in Colorado. The truth is that I was in the middle of a bad MS relapse and had just done a round of Solu-Medrol prior to leaving on the trip. It's funny how when we look back, we do remember some of the bad, but the good memories take precedence. The lesson of the day for me is to see the good NOW, in the midst of the hardships, because down the road when I'm flipping through pictures from today, I will wish that I had appreciated everything and everyone currently in my life....

1 comment:

Our Happyhut said...

1st you have always been beautiful inside and from the day I met you to current day! Your blog is so well said and reminds me of how people always comment on Oh I don't know how you do it, or your amazing you need wings. They don't realize this is my life and each day is the best day its going to be with my best friend and love of my life. they look at me like I'm a hero. I look and feel I'm so blessed to have found a love so true and strong that will take us through each day. I live with an attitude of gratitude as you and realize I'm surrounded by amazing people and I give that to G-d to surround me with everything I need because its all because of him. I'm just walking the walk in front of me. I need to find the inner love of self for myself, I try so hard to be fit, thinner and the stress of it keeps me right where I'm at. Hugs and much love J