Friday, November 16, 2012

I conquered a mountain, but I tripped over a bump...


From Streams in the Desert:

"the most difficult things are not those seen and known by the world but those deep within your soul, unseen and unknown by anyone except Jesus. It is in this secret place that you experience a little trial that you would never dare to mention to anyone else and that is more difficult for you to bear than martyrdom"

Sometimes in life I am able to handle the big trials pretty well and then a little bump in the road will just undo me. There are things in my life that are "obvious" obstacles and then there are the small "hidden" obstacles that the Lord is working on deep within me. He reveals to me just enough to remind me of just how imperfect I truly am and how much I need Him EVERY minute of EVERY day. Sometimes I corner myself like a wild animal, not leaving any room for myself to squirm out of an uncomfortable situation that I put myself in. Maybe you have done this to yourself over something dumb as well. Next, the pride takes over and I want to just sweep it all under the rug so I don't have to deal with it or confront my sin or apologize. Oh, wretched (wo)man I am! Who will ever deliver me from this body of death? (Romans 7:24) Oh, wait, I know the answer to this one, it's JESUS ! (Romans 7:25) He is ALWAYS the answer!

It sounds easy, right? Well, it's really not. Sometimes the "old me" wants to rear her ugly head and I want my flesh to "win". Still, after all these years of walking with the Lord, I don't like admitting that I'm a sinner and I don't like admitting when I've been wrong. If you feel this way too at times, I would have to say that there is hope. If you belong to Jesus, He will ensure that you make it to your final destination BUT, we do have a part in how we confront our sin along the way. We need to confess it and turn away from it. He is able to sympathize with our weaknesses (Hebrews 4:15). He isn't done with me yet and if you belong to Him and you are alive and reading this, He isn't done with you either. I personally have a very long way to go. I am so very grateful for His great mercy on me...

Proverbs 28:13
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 He who covers his sins will not prosper,
But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.

No comments: