Saturday, March 30, 2013

He Is Risen!!!

1 Corinthians 15:17-19
New Living Translation (NLT)
17 And if Christ has not been raised, then your faith is useless and you are still guilty of your sins. 18 In that case, all who have died believing in Christ are lost! 19 And if our hope in Christ is only for this life, we are more to be pitied than anyone in the world.

I have pondered the above verses over the past few days. I have come to the conclusion that if Jesus didn't really rise from the dead, then my life here would be in vain. If this was all there was to life and there was no future for me in heaven, I would be HORRIFIED. If I had to endure this life with all it's chaos, death, heartaches, trials & chronic disease, which for me includes this dreadful disease, Multiple Sclerosis, I would be a very DEPRESSED & HOPELESS person! The fact that He has risen and is alive, gives me the strength to carry on and the grace to not just survive, but to thrive. I can live my life to the fullest in the midst of my trials and heartaches because I have hope. He is ALIVE!!! The celebration of the empty tomb is EVERYTHING to me. The stakes are high. I have bet my entire life and eternal destiny on the reality of the resurrection. For me personally, it means that this decrepit diseased body of mine is just temporary. I will one day have a new glorified body and I will live eternally with God!

What or who have you placed your trust in? If you are going to put all your eggs in one basket, you need to make sure you choose the right basket...

John 3:16
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.



No comments: