Friday, March 1, 2013

He is mine forever!!!

Psalm 73:26
New Living Translation (NLT)
26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.

I am used to being "unwell". I am so used to it in fact, that the enemy has to look for other sources to try and trip me up. These tactics may work for a season, but the One I turn to for help is God Almighty Himself. He is my Savior. He delivers me from all of my foes. I am never left alone or forsaken. I am loved in a way that no other human is capable of loving me. I am secure in my salvation. I am not my own. I'm a slave and I rest in that. I don't want to be set free from my Owner. He holds my life in the palm of His hand. He is my portion forever. He is my shield. He is my Rock. This world is upside down and inside out. Many people don't "get it" or understand. This is not my home. I'm an alien. A pilgrim. I am moving forward daily with the help of God's Holy Spirit. He will get me from earth to my eternal home in heaven. The roads may be twisted, bumpy and full of curves, but He will deliver me across the giant chasm in due time. It's not too wide or deep for God's children. We were chosen from before the foundation of the world. He formed us in our mother's womb and prior to that, He knew us. He came to the earth that He created, to be our Savior and to rescue sinners like me from the pit of hell. He rose from the grave to bring eternal life to those who believe. I'm forever grateful for my place in His family. So, like the Psalm says, my health may fail and my spirit grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart. He is mine forever!!!

No comments: