Thursday, May 9, 2013

Not so precious in God's sight last night...

1 Peter 3:3-4
New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel— 4 rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

Last night I had a meltdown. I don't know what else to call it. I have been feeling very trapped in my body as of late and my negative thinking triggered an ugly situation. Making plans to do anything or to go anywhere puts a heavy burden on me. It's difficult to make plans when you never feel well.

Over the last few years I have been known to go through seasons of severe hair loss. Actual shedding. As a woman, it is horrifying. It has been really bad at times but has been known to improve over time just to start all over again. Well, it started again recently. I'm currently in the "I'm gonna be bald soon" panic mode which isn't pleasant for those close to me. If you have ever lost massive amounts of hair whether male or female, it's rather shocking and very disturbing. One of the first times that this happened I actually screamed out to Kenny from the shower as hair just slid down my body and onto the shower floor. The sensation is like pulling cotton candy off the stick but it's not cotton candy, it's my hair. 

My limitations plus my most recent bout of hair loss put me in a foul mood last night. I verbally threw up all over my husband for no good reason. Spurting everything on my mind and shooting my mouth off like venom-filled daggers to his kind heart. The verse that caught my eye and smacked me upside the head first thing this morning was,

James 1:19
New King James Version (NKJV)
Qualities Needed in Trials

19 So then,[a] my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;

I left the title of this area of scripture above. Notice it says,"qualities needed in trials". I actually posted this verse on Facebook recently too! A word of advice from me. Take a deep breath, pray and ask The Lord to control your tongue. If you don't, you may look extremely foolish and need to ask for forgiveness if you blow it like I did. Once again, I'm thankful for the unlimited amount of grace and forgiveness showered on me by God and my wonderful husband...

Proverbs 29:11

New King James Version (NKJV)

11 A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back.


1 comment:

DIANA SCHOTT said...

My dear sister Michele... Christ allowed us to cross paths as believers and let just say wanderers.. I know your husband and God sent him to you just for a time as time... I love your immediate repentant heart.. No MS or new hair style can EVER take that away from you... I think I need to step up my prayers... LOVE YA