Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Never Forsaken...

Mark 15:34
New King James Version (NKJV)
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which is translated, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”[a]

My nights are bad. I am stuck sleeping on my left side and I am unable to move from that position all night. It has been this way for about 5 years. Last week, I woke up in the middle of the night on my right side. Doesn't sound too traumatic does it? Well, I've been suffering ever since. Remember spinning around as a child outside while playing in the grass? You would spin in one direction and then spin in the opposite direction to balance yourself out. The sensation in my head is very difficult to describe. I'm off kilter. Unbalanced. I feel a pulling that makes me stumble. I am out of sorts. Normally, after a few days it will adjust but this time it's not. My legs and arms have been aching me terribly in the night. I just can't get comfortable as I sleep. It's a constant struggle to continually fall asleep throughout the night in the midst of such uncomfortable symptoms.

Then I wake up. I lay there wondering how I will make it through another day. I do an assessment of my pain, discomfort, dizziness....I feel defeated before I even sit up. This morning I asked Kenny, "how I will continue to do this?" He simply listened and put his hand on me lovingly.

I left the room and opened my bible randomly. I read the above verse and I was smacked back into reality. Jesus, hanging on the cross for ME! Feeling forsaken by His Father. Isn't that how I felt when I woke up? Forsaken by God. The truth is that I haven't been. It may feel that way at times but its not the truth. I am so glad that my Savior knows exactly what that feels like. How could we ever relate to Jesus unless He too felt forsaken? No matter what this life brings, I have many great promises to cling to! The best promise of all is that He will NEVER leave me or forsake me. Amen!

Hebrews 13:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”[a]

Deuteronomy 31:6
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

No comments: