Friday, February 8, 2013

Pointed back to Christ...

Galatians 6:2
New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

The past few weeks have been stormy. The winds are blowing in hurricane force when it comes to trials that have been rolling in as regularly as getting dressed. Yesterday, my body was in full anxiety mode. My normal repertoire was just not working to relieve my feelings of stress. I lifted up a prayer and asked God if I could please cast my burdens on Him. I then attempted to read my bible and some devotions but I found myself unable to concentrate on anything other than my troubles. It was at this point that I reached out to my sister and some of my closest friends for spiritual support. Many years ago I prayed for christian sisters to come along side of me and for God to bless me with good solid friendships. I went many years before God answered that prayer. Over the last few years, He has blessed me with some of the most amazing woman in my life. I make a point to go to Him first, but when I need a human shoulder to cry on, or an ear to listen, I have been blessed richly. We weren't called to do this thing called life alone. We are the body of Christ. We each play a different role, but we are all equally necessary. I have been a witness to the perfect example of bearing each another's burdens over the last few days. Although my circumstances haven't changed, my perspective has been renewed and I have been pointed back in the right direction. Good friends lead each other to Christ, not self help books. Thank you to all of my friends who have helped me bear my burdens as of late. I couldn't get through some of my days without you...

I thank You God for each and every friend that you have blessed me with...

Romans 12:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.

Romans 12:10
New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;

No comments: