Friday, January 18, 2013

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning...

Psalm 30:5
New King James Version (NKJV)
5 For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.

I would like to start by saying that I do not write this blog to evoke sympathy or even worse, pity. I like to share some of my physical struggles and life experiences because I know I'm not alone and that there are many others out there who are struggling with pain and disease as well. I also love to share how God is my rock in the midst of these temporary struggles and to remind others that they too are NOT alone in their trials either. I have been suffering a lot physically lately due to my MS. I woke up at 2 am this morning with a lot of burning in my arms and a deep aching pain throughout my entire body. This has become a new part of my everyday life, especially during my time of sleep. These new symptoms are on top of my "regular" symptoms such as the 24/7 dizziness, numb feet, tingling legs that feel like lead weights.... I have also been experiencing chest pain, arrhythmias and fluctuating blood pressure. My cardiologist has ruled out heart disease by doing a chemically induced stress test. The results came back normal. He believes my symptoms are stemming from my brain, in other words, he believes that my damaged brain stem is sending wacky signals to my heart, which in turn, is causing my symptoms. The brain stem regulates the primitive functions that sustain life, such as respiration and heart rate. When I allow myself to think about what is actually going on in my body, it brings a bit of dread and fear. The remedy for my fear is God's promises. As I spoke to a friend of mine yesterday, I reminded her that this life is but a vapor (James 4:14), but at times, it can feel like an eternity, especially when one's body is failing and you're experiencing a lot of physical pain. I find myself digging into the Word of God because I need to be reminded over and over again, that the suffering I am going through will be worth the eternal weight of glory. It's easy to lose sight of eternity when you're riddled with physical pain but I also know that this isn't going to be my situation forever. I have a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). No, this isn't a "walk in the park" and I think it's true to say that things will most likely continue to get worse as time goes by and as the disease continues to progress like it typically does. I still believe and have faith that I can be healed in the twinkling of an eye, but more likely than not, God will use my trials for His glory and as He sees fit. He knows what is best for me. I continually pray to be in the center of God's will, therefore I can trust that I am exactly where He wants me. There are reasons we don't see or understand but God can be trusted. He is faithful. If you suffer from sickness and disease, there is a way to ensure a complete healing. It may not occur in this earthly lifetime but if you place your trust in Jesus, surrender yourself to Him completely, and turn away from your sin, He has promised that you too can be saved and inherit eternal life. That is the best promise I've ever heard...reminding myself of this promise brought me joy this morning, as is does every morning...I pray it does the same for you.

Psalm 50:15
New King James Version (NKJV)
15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.”


2 Corinthians 4:16-17
New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,

No comments: